Extra Buttery Butter Cookies
Sometimes you need a cookie recipe which requires an entire pound of butter. This is one such recipe.
- 2 c (1 lb) unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
- 1-1⁄2 c sugar, plus extra for topping cookies
- 3-1⁄2 c flour
- 2 tsp vanilla or lemon extract or the zest and juice of a lemon
- Place the sugar into a blender and blend until fine and powdery. This will take four or five stops and starts of the blender.
- Beat butter until light, and add sugar, beating until thoroughly incorporated. Add vanilla or lemon extract.
- Add flour a little at a time, beating until dough comes together into a rough ball.
- Roll dough into balls. To make large cookies (4-1/2″ across) use a 1⁄4 cup measuring cup of dough. To make smaller cookies (3″), use a rounded tablespoon of dough. Roll smoothly into balls and then roll in additional sugar.
- Place on ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees until edges are golden brown and cookie is firm, about 15 minutes.
Published a response?
Let me know the URL here: