Sourdough Waffles + Pancakes
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup sourdough starter discard
- overnight sponge
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- For the overnight part, stir the starter liquids back into the starter and remove 1 cup. Feed the rest if needed.
- In a bowl, combine the sponge ingredients. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight, about 12 hours.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and butter, then mix into the sponge.
- Stir in salt and baking soda.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron according to waffle iron directions.
- They freeze well. Put a sheet of wax paper between each and store. To reheat, microwave for 30-60 seconds or put in a 375 degree oven until crisp and heated through.
- Also makes 🔥 pancakes.
Published a response?
Let me know the URL here: